google-site-verification: google1ebcbd3f9084755c.html Eclectic writing: It's the economy, stupid!

Monday, October 13, 2008

It's the economy, stupid!

GARAGE SALES

People are desperate and garage sales are a-plenty. So are the increases in sales and profits of such note worthy organizations as the Salvation Army who uses its proceeds to provide homeless people, drug addicts, etc with rehabilitation and drug treatment as well as job training.

It is unfortunate that people are selling their lives in order to survive. It has gotten so bad, that in Indiana they are being limited to one garage sale per month.

Every time I think we are barely making it, I look around and have to count our blessings. We still have a roof over our head and I can smell the dinner cooking in the oven and explain to the youngest that "yuck" is not the name of tonight's dinner, it is called a "thank you".... thank you we have it.

Some schools across the Nation, I belive Utah is one of them, are only having school for kids 4 days a week to cut costs. I know my kids probably would prefer this setup, but I aim to make them realize how fortunate they are that our state is still holding on and not having to make those choices. I have no idea how long they can hold out, but for now.... we are hanging in there.

The New York Times had the following article on how people are holding garage sales in order to survive, feel like reading about some of our neighbors?, when you are done, say a silent prayer for their well being, their getting jobs and their lives back on track. I'll add mine to yours. Read this http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/12/us/politics/12indiana.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

At some point we are going to have to get our heads from under the rushing currents and take a deep breath and a quick look around.

Why?

Because the only terrorists I am concerned about right now are the financial terrorist and I have seen them in plain view making deals, shoving them down the throat of unsuspecting, nay! shocked and numbed Americans and the latest is ..... drum roll, please!.....

... They have all gathered in beautiful Dubai. Ruters has the full article here: http://www.reuters.com/article/innovationNews/idUSTRE49C0CU20081013 and it is truly bothersome. I mean, it should bother someone .... shouldn't?

Okay, it bothers me.

Just so you don't think I am totally humorless, let me leave you now with some "Bushisms" that apply to our economic times and at some level, this man may actually be a prophet..... Oy!

"We got plenty of money in Washington. What we need is more priority." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 2, 2008

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

"Wait a minute. What did you just say? You're predicting $4-a-gallon gas? ... That's interesting. I hadn't heard that." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Feb. 28, 2008

"Let's make sure that there is certainty during uncertain times in our economy." -- George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 2, 2008

Take a breather from humans and enjoy the show



http://www.spousalcaregiver.com


PEACE to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation and share your thoughts